- Bachelor of Arts, Muhlenberg College
- Juris Doctor, American University of Law
- Master of Laws in Taxation, New York University of Law
- Leaders List, Leading Lawyers – North America, Citywealth Magazine, UK 2013
- Bar/Court Affiliations
- Florida Bar
- New Jersey Bar
- The District of Columbia Bar
- American Bar Association Section of Taxation
- Professional Affiliations
- The International Fiscal Association, Steering Committee, Miami Chapter
- The Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants, International Tax Committee, Associate Member
- Recent Publications
- Quoted, Bloomberg BNA Daily Tax Report, IRS Says PFIC Shareholder Reporting Not Due for Years Prior to 2013 – January 2, 2014>> view here
- Quoted, Daily Tax Review, IRS Says PFIC Shareholder Reporting Not Due for Years Prior to 2014 – December 2013>> view here
- Shareholders Get Third Filing Reprieve Of PFIC Financial Data, Practitioner Says Bloomberg BNA Daily Tax Report – February 2013>> view here
- Rent-free use of Trust property: A trap for unwary US beneficiaries of foreign trusts – Cayman Financial Review – April 2012 >> view here
- With so many programmes and so little time, what is a noncompliant US taxpayer to do? –Cayman Financial Review – January 2013>> view here
- The disconnect between financial reporting and financial information needed for the preparation of US tax returns – Cayman Financial Review – January 2012 >> view here
- US Reporting Requires Form 8938 – Statement of Specified Foreign Financial Assets >> view here
- Navigating the tax return minefield, Private Banker International, October 2011>> view here
Arthur J. Dichter, Partner
Mr. Dichter is a Partner and focuses his practice in international tax. He received his Bachelor of Arts from Muhlenberg College, a Juris Doctor from American University of Law and a Masters of Law in Taxation from New York University.
He brings to Cantor & Webb P.A. more than 20 years of experience in public accounting primarily dealing with clients on both inbound and outbound matters, including U.S. tax compliance and information reporting requirements, income tax treaties, and mergers and acquisitions. He assists high net worth foreign individuals in creating pre-immigration tax plans and in planning their investments in U.S. real property, as well as planning for U.S. estate and gift tax considerations and assistance with U.S. tax compliance requirements.
Mr. Dichter counsels U.S. individuals and companies with operations abroad as well as foreign individuals and companies with operations in the United States. He assists U.S. and foreign individuals and entities with the acquisition of U.S. and non-U.S. companies. This work includes consulting, structuring, and assisting with the implementation and compliance related to such acquisitions. He also structures expansion projects, including analysis of holding company structures.
Born and raised in southern New Jersey, Mr. Dichter was admitted to the New Jersey Bar in 1989, the District of Columbia Bar in 1990 and the Florida Bar in 2011. He is a member of the Taxation Section of the American Bar Association and is on the Steering Committee of the International Fiscal Association’s Miami Chapter. He is an Associate Member of the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants where he serves on the International Tax Committee.